GALLERY & PATRON SERVICES MANAGER
Application reviews begin on August 15. We will accept applications until the position is filled. Scroll down for job description.
Please submit (as a PDF attachment) a cover letter, a resume with verifiable employment contact information, and 3 references. Email to [email protected].
Download: Gallery & Patron Services Mgr. job description
This is a full-time hourly position working regularly Tuesday through Saturday in The Matthews Art Gallery, on individual project work, and at events for the arts center. Individual must be able to work a flexible schedule to include daytime, evening, and weekend hours.
- Responsible for the coordination of The Gallery, including personally staffing and maintaining the retail space. Patron Services Associate has responsibility for daily operational oversight of The Gallery and for implementing business strategies as identified by the Executive Director and MOH Board.
- Opens gallery at designated hours ensures that public spaces are ready for daily visitors, and identifies repair or replacement needs.
- Sells art and tickets. Updates inventory and works with gallery artists in maintaining interesting exhibits. Creates displays and hangs artwork. Must have the ability and interest to become knowledgeable in artistic techniques and performance events.
- Identifies potential artists for the gallery and handles inquiries from regional artists interested in representation.
- Updates and renews artist contracts as necessary. Ensures new artists completely understand the contract before signing.
- Maintains artist, patron, and volunteer files. Must be comfortable with MS Office, Google Drive, and operating POS terminal.
- Closes POS weekly and prepares bank deposits. Creates monthly artist payment reports for the bookkeeper.
- Responsible for assisting and, ultimately, independently managing at Matthews Opera House events including musical performances, community theatre performances, film festivals, and fundraisers.
- Directs volunteers to ensure patron satisfaction and smooth event operations including set-up, box office, ushering, and cash handling.
- Greets and assists event patrons.
- Ensures closing procedures are completed and facilities are secured at the end of events.
- Responsible for specific project areas as assigned by Executive Director. Patron Services Associate will have individual areas of full responsibility. This could include projects such as:
- Managing volunteer recruitment, training, and scheduling. Creating and updating volunteer records.
- Assisting in planning individual events such as Winter Art Show, artist receptions, aspects of Festival in the Park, Fall Gala, and High Tea.
- Planning and organizing art classes and activities for the community.
- Work with Marketing Manager to supply timely information for publicity for events. Coordinate distribution of posters and other marketing materials within the community area.
- Assist at annual Festival in the Park held the third weekend of July each year. Patron Service Associate must be available for full-time hours during this time period.
Individual must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, be comfortable climbing ladders in the Gallery, theater, and lobby to hang art and change light bulbs, be able to access and hang the front display windows, negotiate Gallery basement stairs, move tables and theatre chairs, and stand/walk for an extended period of time outside in the City Park.
Individual must believe in the value of the arts in the Spearfish community and the importance of the Matthews Opera House as a cornerstone of community life. Individual must be high energy, outgoing, and comfortable conversing with a broad range of artists, patrons, business leaders, and community visitors about all aspects of the arts center and its operations. Must have a mature demeanor and represent the arts center in a professional manner. Good writing, spelling, the ability to multitask, and organizational skills are required. Must also have a creative spirit and enjoy the arts!