In honor of the upcoming Chinook Days, the Matthews is asking the public to submit works of art inspired by the frigid temperatures of winter.
It might be an image of a wintery scene, a sculpture highlighting the effects of extreme temperature on materials, or anything else the idea of the chinook temperature change inspires.
- From beginners to professionals, this show is open to all ages, levels and media. Show registration is not limited to geographical location.
- All original 2D & 3D fine art of any size is accepted. If you are unsure or have questions about artwork size, call 605.642.7973.
- All artwork entries should include a statement from the artist (200 words or less) explaining their inspiration and how the piece fits into the chinook theme.
- All 2D work must be framed and wired with proper hanging devices. No sawtooth hooks or tape. 3D work must be ready to be installed. Photography must be framed unless it’s on gallery-wrapped canvas.
- Sale of artwork is encouraged! The Matthews Opera House takes 35% commission on all sales. Matthews Opera House will collect and pay all applicable sales taxes. Pieces that are NOT for sale need to be marked with NFS on the artist statement.
- All work proven to be a direct copy will not be displayed. Artists may use other artists’ work as inspiration ONLY. MOH reserves the right to photograph an entry for publicity purposes.
- Entries to our Chinook Art Show must be submitted to the Matthews by Jan. 14.
- The Chinook Art Show will be on display in the Matthews’ gallery from Jan. 17 – Feb. 15.
- All artists MUST pick up their artwork between Feb. 18 & 19. Any artwork still in gallery on Feb. 20 will be considered a donation to the Matthews Opera House.
If you have any questions, please contact the Matthews Opera House and Arts Center at 605.642.7973 ext. 0 or email [email protected]