43rd Festival in the Park: July 17-19, 2020
The Festival in the Park is one of the largest outdoor summer arts and music festivals in the upper Midwest. The Matthews Opera House & Arts Center of Spearfish, SD, organizes this popular festival. It serves as the largest fundraiser for our non-profit organization each year. The proceeds benefit arts outreach and help produce the festival each year.
Over 25,000 people attend the festival, held every third weekend in July. The festival features over 180 fine art and craft vendors with an emphasis on handmade and original products.
Art & Craft Vendors, Live Music, Food
Over 25 food vendors serve eclectic varieties of cuisines that please any appetite. All applications are subject to a juried process to ensure quality, variety, and originality. Free live onstage entertainment from local and regional artists is available daily. For those who want to sit with a cool beverage and listen to music, the “Watering Hole” never fails to please.
What is $5 Wristband Night?
Friday’s $5 Wristband Night is our largest fundraiser of the year! Many people wonder why they should pay money to go to Festival in the Park on Friday when all other days are free. Here are just a few reasons:
- For a very low price, you are supporting the arts in Spearfish.
- You get to preview & buy from your favorite vendors a day ahead!
- The Watering Hole is open and will have 2 great musical groups performing from 4 pm to 10 pm. Only folks with wristbands get to enjoy these bands.
- Enjoy the festival in the cooler evening hours!
All images by The Black Hill Studios. All rights reserved.
$5 Wristband Night - Friday, July 19
- 4pm - 8pm - Vendors Open
- 4pm - 10pm - Live Music at the Watering Hole
Saturday, July 20
- 9am - 7pm - Vendors Open
- 11am - 8pm - Live Music at the Watering Hole
Sunday, July 21
- 10 am - 4pm - Vendors Open
- 11am - 3pm - Live Music at the Watering Hole