Festival in the Park: July 14-16, 2023
Vendor Applications for 2023 are now available!
Download and print your Craft Vendor Application.
Download and print your Food Vendor Application.
As an added convenience, you can pay your fees online!
Spearfish City Park on Canyon Street
The Festival in the Park is one of the largest outdoor summer arts and music festivals in the upper Midwest. The Matthews Opera House & Arts Center of Spearfish, SD, organizes this popular festival. It serves as the largest fundraiser for our non-profit organization each year. The proceeds benefit arts outreach and help produce the festival each year.
Over 25,000 people attend the festival, held every third weekend in July. The festival features over 150 fine art and craft vendors with an emphasis on handmade and original products.
Art & Craft Vendors, Live Music, Food
Over 25 food vendors serve eclectic varieties of cuisines that please any appetite. All applications are subject to a juried process to ensure quality, variety, and originality. Free live onstage entertainment from local and regional artists is available daily. For those who want to sit with a cool beverage and listen to music, the “Watering Hole” never fails to please.
What is $5 Wristband Night?
Friday’s $5 Wristband Night is our largest fundraiser of the year! When you purchase a $5 Friday night wristband, you:
- You get to preview & buy from your favorite vendors a day ahead!
- The Watering Hole is open and will have 2 great musical groups performing from 4 pm to 10 pm. Only folks with wristbands get to enjoy these bands.
- Enjoy the festival in the cooler evening hours!
- For a very low price, you are supporting the arts in Spearfish.
You can pre-purchase your $5 wristbands at the entrances to Spearfish City Park or prior to the event.
Leave Fido at Home 🐶
Friendly reminder: No PETS are allowed on park grounds throughout the event. It is a city ordinance for these 3 days only.Please make plans ahead of time for your pets.
Park & Ride for Free!
Prairie Hills Transit will be providing shuttle service to and from the festival. The shuttle is wheelchair capable. The Spearfish High School parking lot will be used as the park and ride area. The shuttle service is free and will rotate every 15 minutes.
All images by The Black Hill Studios. All rights reserved.
$5 WRISTBAND NIGHT – FRIDAY, JULY 14
- 4 – 8pm - Vendors Open
- 4 – 5 pm - Adda Boyd – Live Music at the Watering Hole
- 5 – 7pm - Headliner – Live Music at the Watering Hole
SATURDAY, JULY 15
- 9am – 7pm - Vendors Open
- 1 - 2pm - Live Music at the Watering Hole
- 2:30 – 3:30pm - Live Music at the Watering Hole
- 4 – 5pm - Live Music at the Watering Hole
- 5:30 – 7pm - Live Music at the Watering Hole
SUNDAY, JULY 16
- 10 am - 4 pm - Vendors open